Friday, June 5, 2009

Progress comes one day at a time...

Well, progress does not just suddenly happen. It comes one day and step at a time. I am deciding NOW to plan ahead a LOT better. I need to not leave my food till the last second when I am starving. Last night I made a pasta salad... I went big so that I could take it to church for the potluck tonight, as well as have my food for the next few days. Cut it down to size you want...

2 boxes Whole wheat pasta... cooked...
1 can rinsed low salt black beans
1 can rinsed garbanzo beans
1 can drained corn
1 little can drained sliced olives
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Carrots
Fat Free Feta... about a cup went into this
Kraft Free Zesty Italian... whole bottle with 2 boxes of pasta
1/2 cup dill relish
Herbs to taste.... Parsley, dill etc...
I just added a few cashews to it too... YUMMMMMY

I tend to steam the broccoli, cauliflower and carrots about 1/2 time just to bring out the bright colors and tenderize them a tad.

Mix it all in a big bowl and day 2 is better than the first day though it is wonderful right when you make it.

I sometimes also add diced hard boiled eggs and fat free turkey ham.

Hugs.... Tina

2 comments:

Mesha said...

WOW, you've done great on your weight loss journey. I found your blog through your comment on Kristin Steede's blog. Keep up the good work. I'm on the journey of weight loss myself. I've lost 59lbs since February.

Tammy said...

this sounds good!

I just added you to my blog list. I don't know why I didn't earlier.

Love all your good progress.

Yay you!